3.19.2009

Oh, and...

I keep forgetting about Djinn & Juice, which is now called just Djinn, I guess.

I'm doing two more versions of the skelebot texture. The three versions will behave differently ingame.
I haven't done anything but swap colours around at this point. The green one is going to be "rotted," and will move in a more creepy fashion. He'll be fun, I will get to do rust and mold. The blue one is going to be metallic, he's the "perfect" version who is the hardest to kill. He'll have like, metallic plates in his bones, no dirt or blood on his clothing, and probably fancier looking pants and shoes.

Here's the tarmantuloid, which I guess is what we're calling the golden mantis now. We decided to just use procedural textures for him, though I did a simple unwrap in Max anyway. The red lights self-illuminate, the rest is gold and silver metallic.

I've been spoiled by unwrapping and texturing my own models, these were done by a teammate. Among other things, he wasn't modelled with the blades I gave him in the concept art, so I did the best I could to make him look as extravagant and dangerous as he was intended to.


He should look great when he moves, I think.

I've also been asked to create the logos and website for the game, as well as 2D assets. I haven't done much for the website yet due to career day, and my team hasn't gotten me the specs and FTP info yet, but as soon as it's up, I will link it here.

Here's the logos I made.
Djinn is the final title of the game, Fire Alarm is the team name. For Fire Alarm, I used the font Eurostar Black Extended (which is basically my favourite font ever, it fit what I wanted perfectly this time) and for Djinn I used one called XXII Arabian Onenightstand, and then "destroyed" it with photoshop. I pitched several different rough logos to my team to get feedback before I made these final ones. They really liked that particular font for the game, but disliked how clean it was and requested I make it look rough, more like Chicago House. I like the final result and it looks great on black, which is likely how it will be seen in game.

No comments:

Post a Comment